Now More Than Ever…
Sterilization has always been one of the top priorities in our practice. However, now more than ever, it’s at the forefront of everyone’s minds, and the importance could not be more apparent. With the ongoing threat over coronavirus (aka COVID-19), terms like disease transmission, airborne particles, contact tracing, and PPE (personal protective equipment) have all become part of the public consciousness. So it’s clear that maintaining a clean treatment environment is more than just keeping up appearances; it is about our patients’ health and safety and our team members too!
What Does Sterilization Entail?
We will continue to do our part by making sure everything is as sterile as possible.
- We have a steam autoclave unit that sterilizes all dental instruments and other reusables.
- Utilizing disposable masks and gloves and changing them often.
- After each visit, we wipe down all countertops, chairs, and other surfaces in the treatment area with a disinfectant.
- We follow all health and safety guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American Dental Association (ADA), as well as both state and local public health authorities.
- In the event an infection ever does occur, we have a contract tracing procedure in place to notify those affected quickly.
All the extra work is worth the time and investment if it means keeping patients safe and healthy. When it comes to the front line sterilization practices, it can take more than 15 minutes to completely clean a treatment area and set it up for the next patient. So we thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!